Friday, March 8, 2013

Hardware Store Copper Necklace

I have spent the last couple of days working on this wrapped copper necklace, when I should be weaving for an upcoming show.

100_4314
I bought all the copper at the hardware store across the street from my house.  I saw a picture in a magazine advertisement  and wanted to make something similar.  In reality, it doesn't look anything like the picture I saw, but has the same type of connections.  I made every part of this necklace, a little sawing, a little wrapping, a little hammering, a dip in liver of sulfur.  It took a major chunk out of three days to put it all together.  I had planned to sell it, but now have no idea how to price it.  Wondering if I will ever be ambitious enough to do this again so perhaps I should just keep it for myself.  I seldom wear anything that makes this much of a statement, but secretly I want to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment