Monday, March 11, 2013

People's Choice Award

I just looked at the Website for the Weavers Guild of Rochester and found out that the Overshot Throw I had put in the 65th Anniversary Guild Exhibit won the People's Choice Award.  I was so surprised to find out.  I am still in AZ and had someone pick up my pieces for me when they took the show down.  The guild is also printing a book of the exhibit which will include a photo of my throw as well as the draft, if I ever get it written down correctly.  Here is a link to the page on the guild website.   The first piece pictured on this page is a huge overshot bedspread by  Helen Jarvis, my teacher and the woman who literally wrote the book on Overshot.  http://www.amazon.com/Weaving-Traditional-Coverlet-How-Book/dp/0934026432

 

The second piece on the page is mine.  You can see pictures of the overshot weaving in progress in earlier posts on my blog.

http://www.weaversguildofrochester.org/index.php?module=albumview&action=browse&album_num=1&thumb_page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment