Monday, March 11, 2013

Weavers Guild Program by Sarah Fortin

Today was the October meeting of the Weavers Guild of Rochester and we were lucky to have Sarah Fortin come to do a program on shadow weave. I have been an admirer of her work for a long time now. Sarah is a regular contributor to Handwoven Magazine, and recently taught a workshop at EGLFC, Easter Great Lakes Fiber Arts Conference, held at Chatauqua Institution. She graciously modeled one of her gorgeous coats for me and allowed me to photograph her samples. I have always liked shadow weave, but now I LOVE it. The way Sarah adds color to complement the structure makes the pattern look much more complicated than it is. Packets of her drafts were available for $5, a real bargain for guild members. The program was inspiring and the samples are amazing, can't wait to try something in shadow weave!

No comments:

Post a Comment